Review policy

Due to time pressures, I am unable to commit to reviewing books at the moment. However, please feel free to recommend or discuss by tweeting @MsTick68 or commenting on here. Thank you!

Thursday 12 December 2013

Seasonal reads 10- Yeti and the Bird by Nadia Shireen

Image: randomhouse.co.uk

Lonely Yeti lives in the forest. One winter's day, he finds a little bird lost on her migration south. He takes her home and looks after her, and the two friends have fun together, until it is time for her to leave. A sad Yeti lets her go, but discovers that his kindness to Bird has made the other forest animals less scared of him, so he has lots of new friends- and Bird comes back to visit now and then.

This lovely book has vibrant, colourful winterscapes, and would be a fantastic read on a cold winter's bed time. The language is adventurous- it's one to read to children rather than them reading for themselves, I think. I particularly liked "Every evening, the friends sang sad, sweet songs together, which soothed the forest to sleep." I have bought this for some small people in my life, and hope to make a Yeti finger puppet from felt, and a pom pom bird, with the four year old, like these.these.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a delightful book and I look forward to checking it out. The pictures you described sound wonderful. A great read for all the snow we are getting where I live. :) Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! I hope you like it. We're just having rain at the moment, unfortunately.

      Delete